1. Application of these Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions will apply to all orders for products placed on any of the websites listed below and via our sales team which utilise our delivery services.
They govern your contract with us for (i) the sale of products; and (ii) delivery services. Your contract for the purchase and
delivery of our products will be with Vintage Supplies Limited. Our registered address is Unit 7 Merebrook Business Park, Hanley Road,
Malvern, Worcestershire WR13 6NP, Company Number 02099573. You can contact our team regarding any queries relating to these Terms and
Conditions and orders you place using the following contact details:
Phone: +44 (0)1684 212882
2. Description of Products
We take all reasonable care to ensure that all details and descriptions are correct however should you feel that there are any
misrepresentations please advise us so that we may amend it if necessary. The use of original numbers does not indicate supply of
original parts. We reserve the right to supply pattern/remanufactured parts as necessary. It is the purchaser's responsibility to
ensure and check that parts supplied are suitable for the vehicle and intended use, and the supplier gives no warranty express or implied
3. Order Placement via Website
Once all required products have been added to the online Shopping Cart you will need to Select the Shipping Country using the drop-down list. You must then Select Rate and will be offered the available delivery options.
International shipping rates are displayed as a guide only and to enable us to find the best fixed price for shipping based on the combination of items and delivery location all overseas orders are processed as quote requests. Once calculated a proforma invoice will be emailed for review and will include a link to finalise your order by entering your payment details.
UK shipping rates are also subject to weight, dimensions and delivery address restrictions but the vast majority of orders will be fulfilled using the selected service. Where this is not possible we reserve the right to charge the difference, if this leads to an addition of more than 10% of total order value you will be contacted for authorisation prior to despatch. You confirm your consent to this charge when you submit your order.
3.1 How to review your order
At checkout you will be given an opportunity to review your order. If you make an error in the order you place, please contact customer services on the contact details above as soon as possible, so they can advise.
3.2 Placement and acknowledgement of your order
You place the order for your products on the website by pressing the "Checkout Now" button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the website.
We will send you an order confirmation email detailing and acknowledging the products you have ordered. This order confirmation email does not constitute an acceptance of your order.
3.3 When your order is accepted and your products are despatched
Order acceptance and completion of the contract between you and us will take place when you receive a despatch email, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock;
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment;
- The identification of a pricing or product description error;
- We reserve the right to withhold product supplies from any person or company
4. Order Payment
We accept payment via Visa and Mastercard debit and credit cards, Paypal, bank transfer, cheque and, in the case of counter sales only, cash. If you are placing the order on the website and wish to pay by any means other than debit/credit card or Paypal please submit an enquiry and a proforma invoice will be emailed with details of how to pay.
For most products, if you choose to pay via your credit or debit card your payment will be authorised and payment only completed when we despatch your order, this excludes special order and customised products when it is completed at the time we place the order with our supplier. If paying by any other means we will verify funds have been received prior to despatch.
Trade account payment terms are 30 days EOM, so payment is due 30 days after the end of the month in which the invoice was received. Monthly statements will be sent via email and we reserve the right to charge interest on outstanding accounts, at a rate in excess of current bank rate.
The contract will be concluded in English.
We only accept payment in Pound sterling (GBP). We're unable to offer the option to pay in local currency. International credit card providers or banks will determine the exchange rate; if payment is made in a currency not issued as standard by the bank, they may add an additional processing or administration charge which the cardholder will be liable to pay.
The details of your specific contract will not be filed by Vintage Supplies Ltd. If you do require any information regarding orders you have placed with us, please contact our Customer Services Team using the contact details above.
Goods remain the property of Vintage Supplies Ltd until payment is received in full.
We understand that occasionally you may wish to return something and when this happens we want to assure you of our full help and co-operation. To enable us to process your returns/warranty quickly and efficiently we ask you to carry out the following procedures:
- We must be notified of any shortages or damaged goods within three working days of your receipt of the order.
- Excepting warranty claims, cut to size and special order items, returns will be accepted within 30 days for any reason provided they have not been fitted (e.g. no evidence of marks, scratches or oil stains) and in their original undamaged packaging.
- Original postage and packaging charges are not eligible for refund unless due to a fulfilment error.
- If a return is received 30 to 60 days after purchase but otherwise qualifies as a return, a credit note minus a handling charge of 15% or £5 applied (whichever is greater) will be issued. If a return is received 61 days or more after purchase, no refund will be issued.
- A completed Returns Form must accompany the return. Items received with incorrect or incomplete documentation will not be processed.
- We offer a simple return postage service using Royal Mail, please follow the instructions below.
If you need to replace an unsuitable item, this must be returned for a refund/credit note and a replacement part purchased as a new order.
5.2 Warranty Returns
All parts are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship in normal service for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase.
- The warranty will be void in case of any evidence of misuse or incorrect fitting.
- The warranty is strictly limited to the cost of the original component and does not cover any form of consequential loss.
- Electrical parts returned for warranty will be tested and if found functional, no refund will be issued.
- Warranty is not valid on parts that are fitted to vehicles used in motorsport, competition, on/off road rallies, trials or track events.
- Reimbursement is made by the original payment method.
- A completed Returns Form must accompany the return. Items received with incorrect or incomplete documentation will not be processed.
- Please use the return postage/carriage service detailed below. We do not reimburse costs incurred using any other service.
5.3 Special Order, Cut to Size or Customised Items
Excepting warranty claims special order, cut to size or customised items are not eligible for a refund.
- Special order: any part specifically ordered for you e.g. gauges, shock absorbers, hats, number plates etc.
- Cut to size/customised: any part cut to length or off a roll to your instruction and correctly supplied e.g. rubbers, metal, bonnet tape etc.
5.4 International Returns
- Please refer to all allowances and restrictions above however as the postage/carriage of items will pass through the customs process it is advisable to contact the sales office by email or by telephone for assistance.
- If you choose to return items without contacting us first you must state on all carrier documentation the reason for return as either ‘for repair’, ‘warranty item’, or ‘return’ to avoid unnecessary customs charges. Any charges incurred by Vintage Supplies will be deducted from the credit note issued.
- Customs and duties paid to receive goods are outside of our control and you must request a refund directly from your local customs office and present proof of return. As the process varies by country and is subject to regular legislative amendments we can not provide any further advice on this.
- Delivery charges and all relevant duties and taxes for replacement products despatched as a result of a picking error, fault or damage. Please see Section 8 for further details regarding International Duties and Taxes.
5.5 UK Return Delivery Methods
We recommend using the tracked return service with Royal Mail or DHL.
Available for parcels less than 20kg, dimensions below 61 x 46 x 46cm or 90cm maximum length in the case of a tube.
Fee: £4.50 (inc VAT) deducted from refund or free if due to a fulfilment error.
Available only for orders originally delivered by DHL.
Fee: £9.00 (inc VAT) deducted from refund or free if due to a fulfilment error.
Please contact the office by email or by telephone. A label will be sent via email to be printed off and a suitable collection time and location arranged.
Any Other Service
Please send items to the address below. This will be at your expense and regardless of the reason for the return will not be recoverable. We recommend using a recorded delivery service or carrier and retaining a receipt as we are not responsible for any undelivered items.
Vintage Supplies Ltd
Unit 7 Merebrook Business Park
And finally, if in any doubt about the suitability of an item prior to purchase, fitting of an item post purchase or require advice regarding an exchange please contact us, we will be happy to help.
VAT is applicable at the standard UK rate on all orders delivered to a UK postal address, this applies even if the invoice address is international.
The order confirmation email and subsequent invoice will itemise VAT for all product lines and delivery.
Where you have requested delivery to a Non-UK address, the products and the delivery service will be zero-rated i.e. not subject to UK VAT however there will be local duties and taxes payable prior to delivery. See further details below.
7. Import Duty and Tax Payments and Customs - International orders only
Products delivered to destinations outside the UK may be subject to taxes, fees, customs duty, levies or other charges as a result of local legislation or customs formalities. These charges are calculated by our shipping agent and the recipient of the products, which may not be the person placing the order, will typically receive a separate request for payment of these charges when the goods arrive in the country of destination. If you’re ordering products to be delivered to someone else, please ensure they’re aware that they’ll be responsible for these additional charges. Payment by you or the recipient (as applicable) must be received by the relevant customs authority before delivery of the Products will be made.
Unfortunately, we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be, so we are unable to offer any assistance on these processes. We advise that you check any customs formalities and the import charges applicable in any country before ordering products to be delivered there. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with information which we hold which relates to the product or order which you may need in order to arrange customs clearance.
You (or the recipient of the products if different) will be the importer for all international deliveries of the products. Therefore, before placing an order, it’s your responsibility to check that any products ordered comply with country, state and/or federal government import regulations, and that there are no local requirements or restrictions which may affect receipt of your order.
You agree that we will act on your behalf as exporter of the products and will complete export declarations in our own name on your behalf.
If an order is placed and restrictions that we were not aware of at the time the order was made are applied by the customs authority of the destination country, then we will cancel the order and return payment to you.
We, or our shipping agents, may request information from you in relation to customs formalities. You must respond to any request for information within 5 days of the request, or the order will be cancelled.
If the recipient wishes to return the product(s), they must request a refund of the customs duties and tax directly with their local customs office and must present proof of return. As the process varies by country and is subject to regular legislative amendments we can not provide any further advice on this.
8. Lead Times
We supply almost all products direct from our extensively stocked warehouse so, with the exception of special order and customised products where lead times will be specified within the product details, we endeavour to process orders within 1 to 2 working days on receipt. We can not guarantee same-day despatch although if your requirement is urgent please do contact us and, provided all items are available, we will endeavour to process as soon as possible and you have the option to upgrade to one of the premium delivery options.
Occasionally, some items will not be ex-stock and will be marked 'to follow' on the invoice and despatched immediately new stock arrives. You will only be charged once for shipping.
Delivery lead times to international addresses will vary according to destination but we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that all products will be delivered within 30 days from the conclusion of the contract with us. In the event that your order has been despatched by us (as confirmed in the despatch confirmation e-mail) but has not arrived within the estimated delivery time range, please contact our sales team on the contact details above.
If delays outside of our control occur, we will make every effort to keep you informed.
10. Limitation of Liability
We accept liability only for items which are proved faulty by reason of our negligence. Such liability is limited to the price paid for the item and does not include any consequential loss.
11. Severance and Survival
If any part of these Terms and Conditions shall be found by a Court to be unlawful, void or unenforceable for any reason, then that provision shall be capable of being severed and separated from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions which shall all remain in force.
12. Entire agreement
You confirm that, in agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions, you have not relied on any representation made to you other than those contained in these Terms and Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any such additional representation. Your statutory rights are not affected by these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions shall be subject to English law. All claims or disputes arising in relation to or in connection with any contract (any order for Products) under these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law.